Monday, June 7, 2010

3oh!!


So in May I had my 30th birthday!! It was kinda a big deal to me. I have no problem with being older I just don't like the idea of acting older. Not that I want to be immature its just that in your 20's you can do whatever you want. Freedom. That's it, my 20's represented freedom to me (even with half of my 20's married and with at lest one kid). Now we have a house and Jeff Check Spellinghas his career it just feels very settled. I may be shy but I do have a free spirit. Anyways, I told Jeff not to do anything for my b-day just dinner with him. So that night I sat on the couch waiting for my mother-in-law to come over to baby-sit the girls so we could go out. ding dong. I was in shock when She was not at the door but my brother and his family and my sister and her kids!! when they came in I was thinking "what are you doing here?" It wasn't until after I turned around and saw Jeff dressed up like some kind of punk that I realized It was a surprise party. I was completely surprised! eventually everyone showed up. Every time the door bell rang I was surprised.
The theme was European rocker
(because Jeff gave me U2 tickets, yes the U2 concert that was postponed until next summer!) Some people got into the spirit more than others but Jeff had sunglasses for everyone.
It was so much fun!!! It was way better than some lame dinner alone. I have the best hubby and family. I am so lucky and loved. Thanks everyone!