Tuesday, September 9, 2008

LOTOJA 2008

This past weekend was the 26th Logan to Jackson 206 mile bike race (LOTOJA). This was Jeffs second time doing the race and my second time being his support crew. It is a really exciting thing to be a part of.
(6:52 am Logan start)
Last year I missed him at the first 2 feeding zones (FZ). For half of the race I had no idea how he was doing. I promised myself that was not going to happen this year! As soon as he took off from Logan, Jaden (Jeffrey's brother) and myself left and sped up to Preston Idaho. We got in place at the 1st FZ and waited for him. I started to get a little worried when I saw some racers from his category come through but didn't see him. So we waited and waited. I looked at the time and realized it was almost 2 hours since he left Logan. When I looked around at the FZ I realized we were alone. We were the last ones. No way did I miss Jeffrey again!!! How is that possible!! We ran to the car and raced up to Montpelier Idaho. half way there Jeffrey calls from someones cell. He was waiting at the next FZ! He then took off and hoped we would make it to the 3rd FZ. I was so stressed out and worried. Does he have food? Is he thirsty? Will he be okay? Is he going to die? My heart stopped pounding out of my chest when we drove past him on our way to the 3rd FZ. One good thing is that he was fast! for the first half of the race is was going at a pace that would let him finish in 9 and a half hours. Which is awesome!!
(King of the Mountain)
It was so fun to see him climb the King of the Mountain hill. He was amazing!! Half way up we stopped to cheer him on and some other racers. We then drove to the top to see him finish. We barley got out of the jeep when Jeff rode by and yelled "Now that's what I'm talk'n about!" He took 3rd in his cat on King of the Mountain! He did it in 19 minuets!! It was so much fun to see him race. He did amazingly well. It only took him 11 hours and 12 minuets (better then his time last year) to finish 206 miles of mountainous terrain. Good job Jeffrey!!
(the finish line in Jackson Hole)
After he finished we asked him if he was going to do it next year. NO! was his quick response. Give him a year and he'll forget all the pain. I am already getting pumped for next year. We also had a blast hanging out in Jackson hole.
(Jackson Hole)

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Britt,
You are an amazing support crew person! I can't wait for next year when I am your support crew and you are riding the 200 miles, good luck!