Well, we couldn't exactly drive back to the hotel the way that we had walked due to all the one way streets. So, in the attempt to return to the hotel I got totally lost and turned around. It was dark and every thing started to look the same. The traffic was going crazy all around me and I was going slow and getting honked at all at the same time.
Well, about forty five minutes into the five minute drive back to the hotel I started to think that I had lost my wife and Daughter forever, and Brittany and the hotel clerk were wondering if I was ever going to return. I had even stopped to ask for help with no luck. Then finally I spotted something that I recognized "The Arc De Triomphe" right off the Camps Elysees, I was saved! This monument built to recognize Napoleon was my northern star, I was able to navigate my way back to the hotel using it as marker from earlier in the day. Before I made it back though I also had to survive the round about of death that goes around the massive monument that has hundreds of cars weaving about every which way, some stopped, some going fast, some slow, some right, some left, no painted lanes, just imaginary ones guiding us all in no particular direction at all.
Anyhow, all and all we made it back. All together! We even survived the gas scare through the boonies of Belgium where I had to pay some random Belgium 20 euros to buy us some gas.....maybe I'll save that story for next time. Thanks for reading! Leave a comment! I miss all of you!












3 comments:
nice i really liked that halarious story it was very invigurating
I liked your description of the round about of death! Keep us posted on all your adventures!
dude, don't get lost! sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun. i wish we could come out for a visit.
Post a Comment